Monday, April 04, 2005

new orleans jazz festival

So yeah, I finally got my piles of mental shit together into one pile, and booked my flight to new orleans. I'm there april 29 to may 3. the line-up, which can be seen at www.nojazzfest.com is incredible. Some highlights: BB King, Jack johnson, Slightly Stoopid, Better than ezra, Widespread Panic, Issac hayes, Galactic, Elvis Costello, dirty dozen brass band, toots and the maytals, ike turner, anthony hamilton(?), trey anastasio, the neville brothers, karl denson's tiny universe, michael franti and spearhead, etc.....plus hundreds of random acts i've never heard of, mostly funk, with funny names like Dumpstaphunk, Jambalaya Cajun band, or Papa Grows Funk.

So if anyone wants to join me, it shall be on, otherwise if you want to check out the line-up and point out a few recommendations, well that'd just dandy.

On a related note, this coming weekend shall be the funkiest of my life. Friday Karl Denson, Saturday Galactic featuring maceo Parker. Am I funky enough to survive? only time will tell. if not, i love you all and someone take care of my turtles. they're moderately funky, btu not funky enoguh to accompany me to the shows.

on an unrelated note, i havent showered in several days, due to time constraints.

No comments: