Thursday, February 17, 2005

What do I do with my life

I am faced with the decision to persue a career in either my liberal arts college or maybe pharmacology and toxicology. The latter is a pre-proffessional school and would be a shoe in for jobs when I graduate. But liberal arts its what I am best at and find recreational, yet I would possibly have to go to more school and prolong my schooling eventually. I enjoy pharmacology especially recently, and I enjoy working with psychiatric drugs or something like it. I just don't know what to do. Pharm would be going against my credo to wing it but maybe that's not a good idea this time? Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Bubb Rubb said...

hmmmm

I can't tell you which I'd reccommend, but I can tell you this. I also have always had the tendency to wing it and pay no homage to 'the plan'. most plans are like setting your alarm to go to the shitter. But we are now in a phase of our life where there are massive decisions, and as we wander along we pass paths that we may never go back to.

I try to have 2 or 3 things that truly matter firmly in my head, and float through the rest, enjoying the trip. Enjoying the ride is truly important, but we must never lose the ability or strength to fight the current towards a dream.

A few more years of school, especially in the long run, won't be a bad thing at all (take it from someone who has a 9-5 in a tolerable, occasionally fun job)

I'd say picture your ideal career in each field, choose which you prefer, and do whatever it takes to get there