Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Conundrum

I'll begin with the menacing attention-getter that this could be my last cousin blog post ever.

ooooh

After much deliberation, I have decided to cross-country ski 10 miles to the Conundrum Hot Springs this weekend. It's just outside of Aspen, and is supposedly rather sketchy in the winter due to avalanche danger. We'll hike 10 miles in saturday morning, set up camp, jump in the hot springs, and reemerge in the roughly 0 degree night with nothing but whiskey and layers of wool to keep us warm. It shall be scenic, dangerous, cold, and the adventure that I've been needing. We're renting avalanche beacons tomorrow. Expect a picture post on monday with the results.

Here's the 2 links I found about it being done in the winter:
http://www.wildsnow.com/articles/first_trip_chastity_belt/backcountry_IX_1_chastity.html
http://www.slackerdom.com/1999/04_cbutte/#comments

Much love to you all

1 comment:

The Cheese said...

I'll play the part of the foreshadowing naysayer and yell "DON'T DO IT! Its suicide, you'll never make it there in time!" However if you don't make it, I'll never be able to say "I told you so." And I'll be forced to live with the guilt that I wasn't able to assuage your stupidity. Have fun.