Sunday, September 11, 2005

backpacking quotes

As unofficial sternographer, I shall now post the quotes from 4 days of thoughts of all depths on the colorado trail.

"I'm off to a good start"
-Bryan

"A picture of a dog on a rock is a picture of a dog on a rock"
-Bryan

"I'm counting rocks, so far I'm at 8,952"
-Bryan

"TRY HARDER!"
-Kate, after Bryan told her his voice doesn't go high enough to properly do the Woody WOodpecker laugh

"That's the third Will Smith song that's been sung today"
-Rob

"Your teeth are bleeding"
-Kate, responding to Bryan's Crystal Light teeth

"Snottin's for snot, PICKIN's for boogers"
-Rob and Kate

"Ewwww, stop changing your mind"
-Kate, after matt attempted to reneg on his "middle" call

"We should go streaking"
-Bryan, referencing possible hooliganries to enact on the man's club, called the Mountain Goats, camping nearby

"Where's the bowl? I need to celebrate."
-Adam, after finding his spork

"Honey, sugar and chai tea is an effeminate Knob Creek mix"
-Rob (followed immediately by)
"Ahhh! this tastes like butt", "This is probably what your blister tastes like" and "I'm thinking of pouring it out"

"Man, when you stand up you feel really tall"
-Bryan

"Bitch, get me an old style"
-Bryan, on barn sounds

"Day 3-the hormones set in"
-Rob, after Bryan saw a vagina in the fire

"Fuck yeah, we work together"
-Bryan, on him and his dog attacking a bear

"A chilli dog. it was red and it had beans"
-Bryan on what his poo looked like (there was also a chocolate ice cream swirl, two scoops of pumpkin innards, and walnut brownie mix reported)

"You push them in the fire!"
-Rob, after saying he hears voices

"Catbean is playing with string"
-Kate

"When you have sex, you should go na na na na na na, and then yell catbean when you climax"
-Rob, on catbean sex

"What'd you do for 3 months? I shoveled."
-Bryan, on spending a winter on the continental divide

"I feel like I'm walking behind a flintstones bus"
-Matt, on the effect of hiking with panchos

"I thought there was a stampede"
-Bryan, after being startled by a biker while smoking the continental divide

"We should open a quartz store up here. And people would be like, this store is stupid, there's quartz everywhere."
-Rob

"I left my brain somehwere on the continental divide"
-Matt, looking for his water bottle

"You look like a stoplight"
-Kate, on the water-missions' red, yellow and green panchos

"I've got a water-bottle"
-Bryan

"We're about to test the fortitude of the yurt"
-Matt

"God I hate this thing. Fucker, fucker, fucker."
-Matt, on his shock-pen.

"What if there were smell-storms"
-Rob

1 comment:

The Cheese said...

I've discovered that there are, in fact, smell storms in New York. Today the forecast is for Scattered Whiffs of Garbage with late afternoon Showers of Human Urine and Feces.