Friday, July 15, 2005

Band of the week

Ozomatli--they are kick ass. I saw them play last night in a park in Brooklyn. It's just unreal how good these guy are, a latin funk/jam band with a social justice and anti-war message. For you guys in Colorado, they are playing 7/23 @ Aspen Highlands and @ Red Rocks on 8/17. They are also playing in Detroit on 7/17, but they use real instruments so Kyle on Dee might not like it(yes I am still upset about your widespread panic comment). Anyway I highly reccomend checking them out.

On a side note--the book Farenheit 451 is a great read if you haven't read it already and to Joe Hio......I'm reading Rosshalde by Hesse right now, its pretty good so far.

5 comments:

K-Snake said...

Sorry, no offense by that Widespread comment...I was in a ranting-idiot mode. I don't know what I'm talking about anyway since I haven't heard them in 8 or so years. -Kyle

K-Snake said...

Though, for the record, I'm allergic to real instruments.

The Cheese said...

Me too, but I find cold beer really helps.

Bubb Rubb said...

yes, ozamatli good

they have some songs with Chali 2na, who is the guy with the deep voice from jurassic5 and one of my favorites. Download Superbowl Sundae if ya like.

Spearhead is still my band of the week.

I had no trouble enjoying widespread panic, because i enjoyed phish despite hating phish. it's about the culture. but it's also about being able to force yourself to enjoy anything. quite a useful skill.

that's too harsh on panic though. quite a set of shows.

The Cheese said...

I printing a retraction on Rosshalde, not a very good book at all. Quite disappointing as a matter-of-fact.