Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Wht's Goin On

SO I decided tow write another post, and better-yet, I'd write some post that would demand others to write on my same topic. A snowball post, if you will. Which you will. The first to pop in my head is like an update, on a variety of topics, I've wrote a few categories, use mine, add your own, everyone's a winner.



SPIRITUALLY I whole-heartedly applied for a position in Costa Rica where you live in a Permaculture site, eating vegan food, and basically farming 4 hours a day, surrounded by a rainforest and what appeared to be 10 yoga sessions per day.

SEXUALLY I haven't kissed a girl in over 2 months. It's been a hard hiatus, and it's time it be over.

MUSICALLY, I'm on a funk and jazz kick, coming off a reggae one. New Artist embracings include Midnite (reggae) Matisyahu (reggae) Bob Dylan (briliiance) Slick Rick (pimpin) King Tubby (dub reggae) Greyboy Allstars (funk) and Charlie Hunter (funkysmoove).

LITERALLY I jsut enjoyed 100 years of Solitude, and adored Jitterbug perfume. Castenada is next.

CREATIVELY Writing is slow lately, probably caused by my using being unable to choose which project to focus on as an excuse to not focus on any. And because I'm reading too good of writing it's is crushing my confidence in the novel medium. I just did a free-write on "high priorites" for my cousin blog, which I might as well post here although in retrospect I think it's too preachy.

DRINKINGLY I'm probably drinking too much.

RAMBLINGLY Well, where to begin? And what angle to take? Philosophies or stories or some combination of the two that I doubt whether I have the literary prowess to verbally illustrate, and then I rewalize as I write this that writing in 1st person active voice is the precise synthesis of the two, as any current thought is really a story, albeit a boring one, involving me sitting here in pajama pants wrting on a keyboard, listening to Damian Marley because he's going to play a free show at the x-games, which was to be my biggest party but there's new carpet, and my mom's threat of chaperoning it to protect the carpet has left a permanent residue of party-downsiving sentiments. I'm skeptical of Damian Marley. The name Marley Moniker could make any reggae singer moderately famous, and this guy's not even moderately famous. So is this where I tell my story from last year where we decided to try 360's off the jump in my backyard, and now that I am, should I take the standard route where I talk about the devestation from the jump, the hot-tub, the shower, and the furnace not working, or where I say that I'm glad to be telling this story, and the only reason it's there is because I decided, despite knowing my yard was not nearly steep enough to provide ample jumping speed, fuck it, it's the x-games, it'll be interesting.

METAPHORICALLY My job is similar to this doomed jumping effort. Most think I'm doing it because it's for a good reason (protecting land/jumping off it), but really it's because it's pretty interesting in the way that's the direct opposite of comfort (being tired, cold, and waist-deep in suburban contempt/drunk, cold, waist-deep in snow) I tell myself I'm getting paid to practice compassion, I get paid well, and would consider myself happy with the work if it did not occur from 1-11 every day, thus defining my life.

MOCKINGLY Go Broncos

SINGULARLY Jake, when are you coming to Colorado?

SARAH-LY good cupcakes

HESITANTLY...uhhh...

DEPLORINGLY add your own, we're all curious, we all like reading bloggggggggggg

3 comments:

The Cheese said...

Did you post this on the wrong blog? Refer back to the Creatively paragraph. You silly stoner.

Bubb Rubb said...

I copy and pasted a few paragraphs from another little update I wrote. But the theme is pure original, i swear massah

The Cheese said...

Ah so.