Saturday, March 19, 2005

A note to William Bold

We meet again, Mr. Bold.

I thought I'd post links to a few researchers at UW that are making big strides in the world of science, at least in my field.

Richard Davidson. Most famous at UW. He's one of the world's experts on emotion, psychology and neuroscience, and has a great lab there. He does all kinds of work, and recently has dabbled in meditation and mind/body stuff (and how it works in the brain). I think he interacts with the Dalai Lama too. Cool guy.
Anne Kelley: Brain research on motivation, eating, addiction. Very successful, important.
Craig Berridge: Brain research on stress and the sleep/wake system. Brother of my current advisor.
Vaishali Bakshi: Younger dude. Work on brain pharmacology, emotional disorders.

2 comments:

K-Snake said...

Which is to say, if you're interested in seeing what research is like, you can contact them and work in their lab for a semester or so for credit or fun.

Anonymous said...

Awesome thanks a bundle. I will definetly check some of these cats out. I'm surplised you remembered.