Sunday, May 22, 2011

Suddently at a loss for words

I wanted to post something but everytime I sign on I just kind of forget everything. I am trying to find a job right now. There were two jobs that I worked on for about a year and then ultimately fell through at the last minute. It makes me so incredibly angry that I didn't get either of these positions. I immediately lost all job search motivation, but am starting to regain some drive. I have started running again and may attempt to do a marathon in northern wisconsin this fall. I have been trying to look for jobs, but it is kind of half-assedly. I am done with school so I have nothing but freetime, yet most of it is just kind of wasted away. I think my brain is melting.

4 comments:

Bubb Rubb said...

a wise man once told me "lethargy breeds lethargy." True words. Sounds like you're in a lethargy spiral. Get yer ass out of it. Marathon, more job hunting, etc. should do you good.

And come out to colorado next weekend for some cousin backpacking.

Sorry to hear about the job collapses. You'll land on your feet somewhere though.

Whipit, Jay Jay Face said...

ditto to bubb.

I like getting onto roofs of buildings. for some reason it always makes me feel better about my life. I think "at least I can still think for myself" and I feel better.

Also, relaxing and thinking about something else for a short time can be very good for you. Stress and concern can cloud judgement. i.e. If you start applying to any and every job you can find, you might find yourself with a job you don't want or in a location you don't like.

hapi said...

Hi Bubb Rubb, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Anonymous said...

sage advice...I think I will go do some good roof sitting. For some reason there is something clarifying about sitting on a roof. New perspective? Just don't jump off in the craziness of it all.