Tuesday, May 17, 2011

my happy d-day

not a typo. d stands for death.


http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/05/christian-radio-network-guarantees-that-judgment-day-will-arrive-may-21/1


I encourage critique.

I'll start.

It rediculous that he, while refering to the bible, put quote marks around 'gay pride movement,' as though the bible uses those words.


then there is this:

"What if May 21 ends and nothing occurs?
The biblical evidence is too overwhelming and specific to be wrong."

-This may not be the most accurate use of the word "specific" that I've ever heard. Probably not the least accurate either.

2 comments:

Bubb Rubb said...

I like the part about how he also predicted the world to end in 1994, but it turned out he needed to read the bible a few thousand more times before he realized that wasn't even close.

If you're wondering, here's his how he knows:
-It took 7 days to create the earth
-The bible says, "One day is with the Lord as a thousand years and a thousand years is one day."
-Therefore, the earth will end 7000 years after something, probably the great flood.
-May 21st!

I think part of the downfall of religious belief in this country is based on a psychological concept called Heider's balance. The idea is that when someone I dislike likes something, I am inclined to dislike that thing.

boca.security said...

10-4 S/O Reedy