Monday, December 21, 2009

Over the holidays I like to reflect on the past year, the ups and downs, the bests and worsts. I encourage you to make a list too. Why? Just make the fucking list.

* Favorite movie despite not having seen any of the year’s top rated: Public Enemy
* Favorite (and only) live show: Andrew Bird
* Favorite side characters that steal the friggin show: Andy (The Office), street corner thug (Gran Torino), Jimmy Smits (Dexter), Charlie (Its Always Sunny...)
* Movie that, on revisiting again in my head this year, still think is the most monstrously overrated movie of the decade: Crash (2004)
* God’s cheese gift to me: Dubliner cheese
* Biggest cheese mistake of ’09: last week’s homemade Roquefort & refried bean quesadilla
* Favorite Children’s show I’ve grown to absolutely hate: Yo Gabba Gabba
* Favorite Children’s show that aint so bad: Backyardigans
* Favorite Mr. Stinky: the one down there
* Least favorite weird thing: suddenly gaining weight; my weight has never fluctuated much, then bam, I turn 30 and here comes the pound packing.

1 comment:

Bubb Rubb said...

Here's mine. I also wrote a list of resolutions for the next year, but I guess that's another post.

*favorite addiction: pandora
*unexpected use of lots of time: watching family feud. (or reading about michigan football recruiting or impulsively checking the onion every day)
*favorite sandwich: wheat bread, pepperjack cheese, guacamole, banana pepper rings, smoked turkey, marie sharp's hot sauce. cooked on foreman for 6 minutes.
*best compliment: hearing from several students that I was the best teacher they've had at michigan.
*biggest mistake: sleeping through the class i teach at 8:30AM once.
*least favorite side-effect: hives. from the giardia i got in south america. it's hard to hit on latinas when you're half-rashed.
*strangest psychological development: blind resistance to serious romantic relationships. (runner up: the belief that meditation is an addiction i should avoid).
*favorite game: all-terrain PIG. like the basketball one, but not limited to basketball.
*favorite mellow-funk: the Budos Band.
*favorite meat: ham.
*favorite beating: tubing in wisconsin.
*favorite web-site. failblog.org
*biggest surprise: when a quiet asian in my phd program told me that instead of eating dinner, he drinks scotch. every night.
*favorite electrician: slippery pete