Sunday, September 20, 2009

Entrepenisualism

So I was thinking about Rubb's idea to start a some sort of business...actually I was drinking coffee, driving, and dreaming about what it would be like to be a cowboy (would I have been a cowboy? what is the modern equivalent of a cowboy?). I have a Harley Davidson bandanna that I like to wear around my face pretending I were an outlaw cowboy; I jump at any occasion to do this. The frigid Wisconsin winter bicycle commutes give me excuse. To get back to the point, I was thinking that one could manufacture at a pretty reasonable cost some pretty cool bandannas and sell them. I like the idea of giving a large portion of the profits to charity and I think that this would be a critical element to selling an overpriced bandanna. On the idea of having different products reflect different charities, one could have local cultural patterns signify the charity to which you donated. For example a Native American pattern bandanna that gives its profits to some reservation charity. Or a traditional African cloth pattern for an Africa charity. I think it would be reasonable to charge $20 or $25 for a nice cloth bandanna, especially one that has charity built into its price. The bandanna is an extremely versatile item too that is used by many different segments. Snowboarders are now using bandannas in the fashion I mentioned above, athletes use them for sweat, hipsters tie them around their wrists, you could continue the list forever. More coffee...I was thinking I have wanted to ride my bike out to Colorado, but if I were to do it, might as well at least make an attempt at doing it for some charity or the like. One could use personal feats like this as promotion for a product. I also thought that one could use the bike messenger system in large cities as promotion vehicles for a product such as this. These are just my coffee fueled thoughts and after the buzz faded, so too went my enthusiasm.

No comments: