Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Bikram Yoga

Jesus fucking monkey sweat. That was ridiculous.

Bikram yoga is 90 minutes of intense yoga stretches in a room heated to about 110 degrees. It is fucking intense. I honestly thought I was going to pass out at that 75 minute mark. By then, whenever she said "rest" I would collapse on my towel, and hear a squishing sound like when you squeeze a sponge because it had so much sweat on it. Then after 3 seconds you do a really fast sit-up-stretch thing and every time I was pretty sure i would fall right back down again. Fuckin ridiculous.

I feel pretty strong now, though still light-headed, brain-dead and dehydrated. I bought a 10-day pass so will try to go at least 7 times in the next 10 days. I enjoy the combination of painful and good for you, and figure there's some chance I will keep this up and be a better person for it.

But still. Shit.

No comments: