Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rothbury Festival

A good friend and I recently went to a massive 4 day music festival in northern michigan called Rothbury. I covered the festival for my friend's magazine, and he is finally getting around to getting it on the web-site. Check it out here. www.kemiks.com Only the first half is up...

On the web-site: He's always looking for more writers. Cover your favorite concerts and CDs however you want to, and he'll appreciate it and make it up to you by giving you a free ticket to some music festivals for you to cover. As you can see if you've been reading the stuff I post on here, you can write whatever the fuck you want.

On the article: I decided to make it a little more strange/interesting/challenging by inventing two characters and covering the festival from their perspective. I think it turned out all right. Most of their experiences were my own, including seeing the Fred Flintstone character screaming WILMAAA while struggling through a trip, and most others. Let me know what you think...

On the experience: I hope the article captures it pretty well. These festivals are an incredibly strange experience, and I highly recommend going to one, though you probably won't find it to be the most momentarily comfortable experience.

2 comments:

K-Snake said...

First of all, the sign looks like "BOTHBURRY", which made scoff...then throw up. Second of all, nice writeups—sounds wild, and I want to see Modest Mouse. Third of all, The Green Album text coloration makes it look like a play on Al Green. Was that intentional? I wonder.

Bubb Rubb said...

The Green Album is a "mixup" by one of Malte's friends that is getting a lot of international recognition. It's an album of Al Green songs mixed with rap songs. Other famous mixups include the Grey album, which is a mix between The Beatles' White Album and JayZ's Black Album.