Friday, April 09, 2010

Mega Piranha

I'm getting this post up a little late, but the movie event of the year is tomorrow night at 8pm central time and again at 1am on the Syfy Channel. Get a load of the awesome talent in this picture:


Paul Logan who starred in such movies as:


Aliens on Crack
Vampire in Vegas
The Last Bad Neighborhood
Freezerburn
The Eliminator
Stripper Wives
L.E.T.H.A.L. Ladies


Tifanny (yes THE Tiffany)


Barry Williams (Greg from the Brady Bunch)


Here's the plot from IMDb.com:

A mutant strain of giant ferocious piranha escape from the Amazon and eat their way toward Florida.


And the tagline:

They were created to save mankind. Something went wrong.


And some trailers:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFhSogGnu4I


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP6eV1kiauE


I'm going to watch this and I was hoping at least one of you could join me so we could compare notes. And for those of you looking for an awesome double-feature, Sharks in Venice is on after Mega Piranha. I've seen it, its kicks ass. In one scene Billy Baldwin gets his leg bit entirely off by a shark, the next scene he is in the hospital and gets out his bed (with two legs) and just walks away with no explanation at all.

Topic for discussion:
Which Paul Logan movie listed above do you most want to see and why?

6 comments:

Bubb Rubb said...

I'm going to go with Aliens on Crack. Because, hey, crack is hilarious. I expect the plot to be something like: Aliens come to earth and wreak havoc. Some government man says, "if only there was some way to stop them." Paul Logan's pecs can only do so much. A black man sells them crack, and the aliens stop killing so much, and spend their time drinking 40s. Paul Logal crushes them with his college-ready abs.

I don't get the syfy channel, but I'll cop it sometime.

On a related note, Black Dynamite might be my favorite movie of all time. Netflix that bitch with a quickness.

The Cheese said...

I'm watching this shit right now, doesn't get awesome until Paul Logan gets there. Hes sounds like Ray Romano, if Ray Romano were a complete badassss.

Almost unwatchable which makes it awesome to the max, radical!

Side note: Today I told my daughter that some people don't like dogs, after the woman next to me openly complained about my harmless dog, then the african-american woman next to me said that saying "some people" was racist.

I asked her if she considered herself a person. Akward silence followed. I left.

DEE said...

Yes, people is a confusing concept.

A book for you perhaps, Cheese: Special Topics in Calamity Physics (by Marisha Pessl). I'd recommend it around in general, though it is about 50 pages too long. Overall its good and the author does some interesting stuff that made it refreshing compared to most things I read (like "The Ghost" by Richard Harris(?), good but formulaic).

Bubb Rubb said...

i just read fountainhead, which i loved. now i'm flying through "Black Boy", another Dee recommendation, and enjoying it.

ABOUT THE BLOGGERS said...

I watched the trailer and haven't laughed that hard in so long. Thanks for the good time.

Anonymous said...

Since I don't like dogs, everything about that encounter sounds like racism to me. I am disgusted with the racism in this country!!