Monday, September 15, 2008

my fixy


Here's my suicide bike. Its about 40lbs and I'm using a fixed-gear on a single speed hub, which means that there is nothing stopping the fixed gear from spinning off when I put back pressure on the pedals. It seems to be holding fine, but I am really cautious. Because the frame is so old I can't really add new components to it. I wanted to add a new seatpost, crank, and stem, but the dimensions are all old school so no parts really exist for them. I've taken it in to a couple of bike shops and I keep telling them that I want to keep building it as a project, but I am getting unanimous discouragement. Unfortunately, I am pretty much addicted to tinkering with the bike so I'll have to shop for a new frame for something to do over the winter.

No comments: