Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sad day in america

One of the greatest American authors of all time, Kurt Vonnegut, has passed away. He was my favorite author and in my opinion the greatest author of our time.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070412/ap_on_re_us/obit_vonnegut

For those of you who have not read his work I highly recommend any or all of the following:

Slaughterhouse-Five
Welcome to the Monkey House
Breakfast of Champions(my favorite)
Cats Cradle
A Man Without a Country(my second favorite)
God Bless You, Doctor Kevorkian
Galapagos

1 comment:

DEE said...

You beat CNN to the news. I've been confused all day because, without their authorization, it didn't seem real.

I agree with you on all counts, except on favorites because we have read different books of his. I never meant to stop, and now I feel guilty.

Maybe its rude to mention this, but the manner of his death has left me mystified. I like it for some reason. I am so fucking inarticulate (but at least I can spell, ner!!).

Do him good by posing Grace with a book so we can see a picture of her please.