Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dee and Kyle on the Derby

Dee and I got ourselves some Kentucky Derby this weekend. 150,000 fans, 11 races, umpteen horses and umpteen jockeys, bets a-plenty, and enough mint juleps to paint the goddamn mason dixie.

The infield was the largest tailgate party I've ever been to, complete with drunkenness, belligerance, trash and beer, and some lovely sunburns. Dee and I lost money overall, although I won some on my pick of the winner. That's right, I rule. Dee placed a bet on first, second and third place horses, which wound up coming in last, second to last and third to last. She's a sage, only in reverse.

Also, Juleps are pretty tasty.

2 comments:

DEE said...

Allow me to clear a few things up, add something, and take something away: there were 12 races, enough juleps to paint the Mason Dixon line, I won $48 over the course of the day despite winning the bizarro Derby (I almost broke even, but not quite), and "I rule" should say "We rule" since I did it all while in a family way.

We should make it a family affair one of these years, come to think of it. A cousin party in the infield, perhaps...? A suite at the Galt House for old times sake...?

Bubb Rubb said...

I'd enjoy punching a horse